Old 16-10-2008, 05:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jessica Mae Jessica Mae is offline

Default Lot Border trees/bushes?

On Oct 14, 5:29*pm, Chris Tidio wrote:
I want to plant some border trees or bushes at the edge of my lot,
which is heavily *shaded by 3-4 largish trees, to delineate the lot
from the woods.

1. Are there any trees/bushes recommended for areas that only see sun
one-two hrs in the morning?

2. Is this something I can do now, or am I better off waiting till
spring? *(Boston area)
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

In your zone I'd imagine any of your average shade trees like Oaks &
Maples would do just fine. Oaks are slow growers but once they reach
maturity its hard to find a better looking tree. Maples are pretty
quick growers, but not going to get quite as big as your oaks. Ash &
Weeping Willows are also another decent option. It sort of depends on
what kind of shape you want as well.

This site might be helpful to you in picking a shade tree --
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ShadeTree.html

(Yes, I know, Lowes... kind of cheesy)