Old 17-10-2008, 05:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default Lot Border trees/bushes?

"ecarecar" wrote in message
et...
Old timers might use Osage Orange.

That's a very poor choice. There is a stand directly across the street from
me. The trees are unattractive, thorny and the softball size fruit it drops
makes a mess.
I suggest planting rhododendron, holly, mountain laural, maybe a sugar maple
or 2.

Chris Tidio wrote:

I want to plant some border trees or bushes at the edge of my lot,
which is heavily shaded by 3-4 largish trees, to delineate the lot
from the woods.

1. Are there any trees/bushes recommended for areas that only see sun
one-two hrs in the morning?

2. Is this something I can do now, or am I better off waiting till
spring? (Boston area)