Old 17-10-2008, 01:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Lot Border trees/bushes?

On Oct 17, 12:52*am, "Chas Hurst" wrote:
"ecarecar" wrote in message

et...

Old timers might use Osage Orange.

That's a very poor choice. There is a stand directly across the street from
me. The trees are unattractive, thorny and the softball size fruit it drops
makes a mess.
I suggest planting rhododendron, holly, mountain laural, maybe a sugar maple
or 2.

Those sound like good choices. Of course a lot depends of exactly
what kind of look you are going for. I'd suggest visiting some local
nurseries. They have experience to make recommendations and you can
actually see the stock too. Now through Nov is the perfect time to
be planting and most nurseries are running end of season sales.

Chris Tidio wrote:

I want to plant some border trees or bushes at the edge of my lot,
which is heavily *shaded by 3-4 largish trees, to delineate the lot
from the woods.

1. Are there any trees/bushes recommended for areas that only see sun
one-two hrs in the morning?

2. Is this something I can do now, or am I better off waiting till
spring? *(Boston area)
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**- Hide quoted text -