Old 17-10-2008, 03:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby[_2_] Stubby[_2_] is offline

Default Lot Border trees/bushes?

I live north west of Boston and had good luck with Arbor Vitae. The are
dense, grow fast and are fairly cheap. They don't require a lot of sun but
will do better with sun.

The same comments apply to our cryptomerium japonica. My SO loves the soft
green folliage. It's a bit pricey, however. Rhododendrons and Mountain
Laurel are doing well. We really like the Rhody "Boule de Neige" (Bowl of
snow).

"Chris Tidio" wrote in message
I want to plant some border trees or bushes at the edge of my lot,
which is heavily shaded by 3-4 largish trees, to delineate the lot
from the woods.

1. Are there any trees/bushes recommended for areas that only see sun
one-two hrs in the morning?

2. Is this something I can do now, or am I better off waiting till
spring? (Boston area)