Old 19-10-2008, 03:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default Carpenter bees ??? HELP !!

On Oct 18, 3:33*pm, "Jim C" wrote:
I had a hive of nasty litte hornets right outside my door in the shrubs,
forget the night thing (with hornets anyway) I tried at night and the got me
with or without a light......mixed a gallon of liquid 7 they call for 2
rablespoons per gal, I used 4 and that did it I could spray during daylight
when I could see, the spray was able to be done from afar, got the whole
nest
"Mel M Kelly" wrote in ...

Go out at night and put a little seven dust all around the hole where
they will walk in it as they go in and out.
I found this out by accident but it works.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

http://community.webtv.net/MelKelly/TheKids- Hide quoted text -

Mix b6 ounces of boric acid powder (available from Walmart or any
Pharmacy) into 2 quarts of water, and saturate area of hole with mix.
Bees egt the boric acid on them and it dehydrates them and they die in
a few days time. You can also take cotton balls and saturate in boric
acid mix and plug up holes. Bees consume or get boric acid on them
whenthey try and remove cotton plugs and dehydrate as well. This mix
works great on carpenter bees or most anay exoskeleton insects, but
for ants its good to add some Sugar or karo corn syrup to the mix for
an attractant.

IMHO nothing works as fast or thourouigh as lacquar thinner or
gasoline and a match!