Old 19-10-2008, 03:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Status of the pond season

What kind of filter are you using? If you rely on a biological filtration
then you don't need to cut off the flow of water through it entirely; you'll
lose your bacteria bed if you do. What about leaves? Got any trees around?
If so, you'll benefit from having some netting over your pond to catch them.

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
. ..
Im now wondering what preperations I need to do with my pond. I have a
basic 3200 gal pond, a few koi and a filter leading to a water fall. I
think I need to redirect the water from the filter so it doesn't go to the
water fall but go directly back to the pond. I do know to stop feeding
them once the water temp is 55 degrees or so..
what else am I missing?