Old 20-10-2008, 11:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Status of the pond season

you need an aerator. and if you have freezing weather some kind of heater to keep a
hole open. I cover my pond and heat it with a 500 watt submersible. it stays at or
above 50oF most of the winter and I continue to feed the fish all winter small
amounts and not every day. I just dont have enough veggie filter to keep up with
much wastes. Ingrid

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 19:51:58 EDT, Peter Pan wrote:

Im now wondering what preperations I need to do with my pond. I have a
basic 3200 gal pond, a few koi and a filter leading to a water fall. I
think I need to redirect the water from the filter so it doesn't go to
the water fall but go directly back to the pond. I do know to stop
feeding them once the water temp is 55 degrees or so..
what else am I missing?