Old 20-10-2008, 03:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Peter Pan[_4_] Peter Pan[_4_] is offline

Default Status of the pond season

JB wrote:
What kind of filter are you using? If you rely on a biological filtration
then you don't need to cut off the flow of water through it entirely; you'll
lose your bacteria bed if you do. What about leaves? Got any trees around?
If so, you'll benefit from having some netting over your pond to catch them.

I placed a net over the pond to catch the leaves sometime last week, I
also have a Bio filter so I know to keep the water flowing, I do need to
close the water fall. The pond is 40" in the center so it won't totally
freeze.