Old 20-10-2008, 09:28 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Layman[_2_] View Post
Have a couple of dozen fruits on it this year, and some are almost up to a small egg in size. If the mild weather persists, I might actually get some ripe fruit to taste.

I have only had a couple of fruits in one previous year, and they never got
to ripening size. Perhaps it's the late sun and mild weather which has
allowed this. Anyone else expecting ripe fruit this year?
They are supposedly in general not self-fertile. There are a couple of self-fertile varietes, although most of what is grown in this country is seed-grown rather than a specific variety. Do you have just one plant, or is there another plant in the area that might be cross-pollinating for you?