Old 10-04-2003, 07:32 AM
jammer

Default How do I get rid of that pesty onion grass?

We had a house in Los Angeles and they were everywhere. We dug the
bulbs and got rid of 95% of the problem. After another dig or two,
they all but gone. That is just my experience, but of course it might
depend on how old they were and how much they had spread beneath the
surface, true.

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 05:05:37 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:

That is the million dollar question.

What is a good way to permanently remove Allium vineale L. from the garden
and lawn?

The plant is also a serious pest in grain fields.

Just digging the plants out doesn't work because there are always a few
small bulbils left behind and it may even actually help the plant to spread.

The same is true for Ornithogalum umbellatum L. and Ornithogalum nutans L.

LA wrote in message
. net...
I have these annoying clumps of onion grass that pop up randomly all over

my
yard. Oftentimes when I try to pull them out they break at the soil level
and the onion bulbs stay intact underground and regrow. They seem to be

very
hardy. Any suggestions on how to best get rid of them?