Old 10-04-2003, 07:56 AM
JNJ

Default Japanese Maple....its official

well after noticing one of my newly planted jpm's was dying. i believe it
was from
over watering. so i stop watering it soo much. well just as it seem to

be getting a tad
better what do you know we in atlanta get a week of heavy rains, cold and

fog. the
tree looks completely dead now. guess i should dig it up and trash it

hopefully i
can find another. they been sold out for about two weeks at every store

we
checked.

Nah -- don't be so negative. Give it a little more time. If there's still
green under the skin, then it's still alive just may be in a bit of a bad
place.

You may want to pull this one out and transplant it in an appropriately
large pot for a bit -- give it decent soil (I like Miracle Gro meself) and
fertilizer, baby it a bit. It may surprise you and come back. You'll need
to prune dead branches and such as well but I wouldn't do that right away
regardless of which way you go. FWIW, this is what I would do (and have
done with a few others of my plants -- got three azaleas out there right now
that I've been working on for about a year).

James