Old 22-10-2008, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jessica Mae Jessica Mae is offline

Default water needs

On Oct 18, 9:06*pm, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:
Curious as to how much water is needed for irrigation for the typical lawn
in terms of inches in the typical growing season, this includes rain as well
in my question?

--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.

Hrm, I don't believe there is really a definite answer for this one.
Like others have stated it does depend on where you live, what the
season is like, etc. Often times you'll have to just experiment & find
what works best. Just stay on top of it so you notice when your grass
is declining whether from being watered too much or too little.
Irrigation can be tricky, but it isn't one of those things that you
can just set at a certain setting & leave it be forever. Lol its
supposed to be more useful than a hose... but I'm not sure I believe
it.