Old 23-10-2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default Help out an autumn newbie

In article , Gloria P
wrote:

SteveB wrote:
I live in SW Utah, zone 6 or 10 depending on the map I look at. It's
confusing.

I need to go out and torch the weeds in my garden and start for fall.

What would be a good itinerary?

Torch weeds

Why would you torch the weeds? Unless you have had an exceptional
amount of rain, things get very dry in the fall and wildfire danger
is high. I'd pull them up and send tot he landfill. Composting them
will just add weed seeds back to your garden.

gp

A properly maintained compost heap gets warm enough that no seeds survive.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com