Old 22-10-2008, 11:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Bricks and mortar

len gardener wrote:

g'day trish,

i can't imagine any issues, spread it over as wide an area as you can.
i have hidden rubble broken roof tiles etc.,. under raised garden
beds, with no apparent negative results. any break down would be very
slow also. with mortar there could also be salt in it as the brickies
loam is generally unwashed and contains salt but again i can't see
this being as issue either.

Thanks, Len! I had no idea what I'd do with all that stuff otherwise. We
started off with two long beds against a fence, but the whole project
has been so successful, we've decided to go for broke and build another
two beds, 4.2m x 1.8m. Yippee! I have *flowers* and last week, I made a
spinach and feta pie from my own home-grown spinach! I can feel a
dedicated rose garden coming on...

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia