Old 23-10-2008, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mike@racers.zzn.com is offline

Default 2012 Gardens

On Sep 23, 8:18 am, The Cook wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:34:42 -0700 (PDT), Mycosimian
snip

I suggest that you go to you local extension office and get to know
the extension agent or at least get information from their Web site.
You will get expert information for your area. It is better to get
the correct information early rather than having several years of poor
crops and having to break your bad habits.

http://www.csrees.usda.gov/Extension/index.html

I agree; good idea. I see you are from Texas, and the Ag Extension
almost certainly has a Master Gardener's program. Many of the Master
Gardener outreach efforts include call in 'help lines', some even have
radio call-in shows. The programs all concentrate on local conditions,
suitable varieties, and so forth.

I took the course this year, and the knowledge I gained is fabulous.
I've had to re-examine a lot of my long-held 'best practices' that
turn out to be harmful practices.