Old 23-10-2008, 04:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Goldfish Q

too many GF, too little water. what you describe is classic behavior in toxic water
conditions. start changing water. what are you doing for filtration? It might be
better for your GF to get a 150 gallon rubbermaid tub in the basement, hang a light
and build some kind of veggie filter down there to keep the water clean.
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/VF/veggie_filter.html

keep it cool and only feed a couple times a week, lightly. But you do need to clean
GF up when bringing them inside from a pond.
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/c...m%20the%20pond
Ingrid

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:11:44 EDT, Joel wrote:
I have a question regarding goldfish behavior. Back in May I put about
a dozon goldfish in my pond (small pond, about 15'x8'x2' deep) I took
them out and put them in a 30 gallon tank in my house for the winter,
they seem to love the aerator (Swimming up and down in the bubbles the
they freak out and fly around the tank (flipping out of the water etc)

My question is...

Is this normal?