Old 24-10-2008, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Hydrangea ID?

Sacha wrote:

It's better to say nothing than to insist on an incorrect ID!

Now doesn't that bring back memories? If you're thinking the same as
me, I just hope it doesn't bring about a resurrection LOL!

But I did a
hunt on some web sites for this one, and one of the sites has a National
Collection of Hydrangeas. The pic there seems to confirm that this is H.
serrata Grayswood

I've only just looked in today, but I think it's a fairly safe
assumption Sacha. I had a nice big one at Bromsgrove and always
preferred its autumn performance. Like people, some Hydrangeas age
disgracefully, but 'Grayswood' really does it with style. Being
reminded of it, almost makes me want to start planting hardy
shrubs
No! That would never do ;-) I've already exhibited a decided
deterioration, by warming to and buying a few Dahlias - 'Fascination'
etc. but I cannot allow such lapses to continue (apols to David at
Abacus).