Old 24-10-2008, 11:42 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman View Post
echinosum wrote:

Yes, it is naturalised in various places, for example on heathland in
Dorset. It is also grown as an ornamental or for shelter belt quite
widely around the country, mainly near the coast, even in parts of
Scotland.

Then maybe we should plant a few more in the UK?
In some circumstances they can be an invasive weed. They are being cut down in Dorset to conserve their rare heathland habitat. But most places that isn't going to be an issue, so why not. I rather like that kind of thing.