Old 24-10-2008, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default bulbs being eaten

"catkin" wrote in message
Something is digging up (and I assume eating) all my daffodil bulbs.

Mice? Rats?

the holes are big - several inches across and about 6-8 inches deep.

--
Hayley
gardening on clay in Somerset

I'm wondering if foxes eat daff bulbs...?

Another idea ... you say you have a grass verge ... are you in the
countryside, near badgers? I don't know if badgers eat bulbs, either ...
just wondering out loud.

Both badgers and foxes are capable of digging deep holes. I've had foxes,
for example, come into my garden, roll cobbles away and dig up bulbs from a
stone trough.

Spider