Old 24-10-2008, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Withycombe Tom Withycombe is offline

Default bulbs being eaten

In message , catkin
writes
Something is digging up (and I assume eating) all my daffodil bulbs.

Mice? Rats?

the holes are big - several inches across and about 6-8 inches deep.

Holes that size sounds very much like badgers .... and I know you have
your fair share of them in Somerset. It is quite common for badgers to
enter gardens and consume crops, fruit etc. and, while I haven't
actually heard of them eating bulbs, they are very omnivorous. For what
it's worth, the holes they dig tend to be oval(ish) with the spoil
spread around. Very untidy.

--
Tom W.
Deepest Dorset