Old 24-10-2008, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Gagnon Larry Gagnon is offline

Default Taxus baccata fastigiata (Irish Yew) : yellowing needles?

We planted a small 6 tree hedge of Irish Yew last September. There was a
very good, almost 10-12" of new growth this spring. However, the yews have
now just produced red berries but have turned a very yellowish colour,
rather than deep green and some of the needles are dropping. Is this
normal? If not, what can we do to help these plants?

Larry Gagnon