Old 24-10-2008, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Taxus baccata fastigiata (Irish Yew) : yellowing needles?

We planted a small 6 tree hedge of Irish Yew last September. There was a
very good, almost 10-12" of new growth this spring. However, the yews have
now just produced red berries but have turned a very yellowish colour,
rather than deep green and some of the needles are dropping. Is this
normal? If not, what can we do to help these plants?

Larry Gagnon
Old 24-10-2008, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/10/08 21:43, in article op.ujjqi8veaiss39@localhost, "Larry Gagnon"
wrote:

We planted a small 6 tree hedge of Irish Yew last September. There was a
very good, almost 10-12" of new growth this spring. However, the yews have
now just produced red berries but have turned a very yellowish colour,
rather than deep green and some of the needles are dropping. Is this
normal? If not, what can we do to help these plants?

Larry Gagnon

They really don't like being wet at the roots. Could that be the problem?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com