Old 25-10-2008, 01:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Dandelions

On Oct 24, 8:28*pm, Lawn Guy wrote:
Randy Seys wrote:
Is it too late to spray for dandelions? *

Weeds need to be actively growing for the weed killer to work. *The
colder it is, the less effective the herbicide will be.

For where you are, I think it's too late, by about a month, maybe two.

Save the weed killer for the spring.

I agree. Here in NJ I would say yes, but that far north it's
probably not going to be that effective or worth it. The amount of
herbicide and/or the number of applications required goes up as the
temps go down. Even Roundup takes a higher concentration and longer
to kill plants when they are barely growing due to lower temps.