Old 10-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Alison

Default Snow!

"subbykins{Chrd}" wrote in message
As I sit this morning in front of our picture window onto the garden I
can see a light snowfall, my tulips etc. don't seem to be suffering
but if this keeps up for long it can't be good for the garden given
that everything out there has been lulled into thinking it's actually
spring.

Perhaps this is normal for April and being closer to nature now having
a garden I'm just more aware of it? Any views anyone?
"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}

Yeeeks whereabouts are you!!! We have had an exceptionally (and unusually)
good March and beginning of April here on the east coast of Scotland.
Usually March brings a fair bit of snow and couldn't be ruled out in April
either but so far, not a flake :-) As with frost but we haven't seen any of
that since February (*very* suspicious!!)

In previous years the plants haven't seemed to mind an April snowfall but
it's a hard frost that they hate - still time for that so the the bubblewrap
remains on the greenhouse and fleece is at the ready for anything outdoors
that might just have enjoyed the unseasonal weather too much and gone into
overdrive. Bulbs seem to withstand anything, they just slow down in growth
a little.

--A