Old 26-10-2008, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How to get rid of grass/turf?

In article ,
says...
Hi
As part of a bigger job I need to (tomorrow/sunday) lift up and throw away
about 4 square metres of grass.

What is the best way? I tried some today with a spade but as it is wet it is
all a bit messy as the garss is hard to pull apart from the mud.

Any tips?

Slice the turf off then stack it upside down, cover the pile with old
carpet or membrane and by next year you will have very good soil for
elsewhere in the garden, what ever you do don't chuck it, its the best
bit!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk