Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
EDWARD HANSON

Default ORCHID CULTURE BOOKS

Hi all , Am new to the group.. Best books are by 'J.N.RENTOUL'. They are
in a set of 4 books & cover almost every known species as well as most known
varieties. Have fun
Ted

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:30:06 GMT, profpam wrote:

Other than Pridgeon's Orchid Encyclopedia, Rebecca Northern's book is
one of the best. I have a list of must-read books on my website page:
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/freestuff.html

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Is the Cattleya series worth buying all 6 books?
OR are some better than others?

Time for a serious library expansion.. do I go for the Baker book
on Dendrobiums? or ?

SuE

Thanks for the suggestions Pam.
I have Hawkes and Bechtel's Technical Encyclopedias.
Cash on The Slipper Orchids, Grove on Vanda and Ascocenda.
I have a couple of Picture books like 'Orchids' and Rebecca
Northern's Miniatures and the usual "Growing Orchids" beginner's
style books.
But what new technical books are really great or fill the gaping
holes?

SuE