Old 27-10-2008, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S S is offline

Default timing for briggs & stratton petrol lawn mower

Thanks Dave I think I have the timing sussed out now, I have found the
timing marks. Do you know how to get the flywheel off without the puller?
I could drill the shaft but hoping for an easier solution..

--

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:42:36 -0000, S wrote:

I am replacing the crankshaft in a Briggs and stratton 35 classic petrol
lawn mower. Can anyone help with how to set the timing.

Just note where the the drive cogs and reference marks on them are when
you take it apart. Though IIRC when I did mine it will only go together
one way.

Look on the B&S website, they have engine manuals for download but I'm not
sure if they go into that level of servicing. There may be a generic
manual that does.

--
Cheers
Dave.