Old 27-10-2008, 05:37 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Help with Lavender dying

"Rob81" wrote in message

Hi everyone, wish my first post on here could be under better
circumstances:

I'm in south east Victoria and I'm having a drama with the lavender
plants in my front garden (Lavender Avonview)

I recently added fertilizer for the first time ever (Rooster Booster)
and now:

The leaves are turning yellow on some newly added plants

Ive had two older plants (about 5 years old) die completely and some
slightly younger (4-ish years old) plants are drooping and parts dying
off.

Is it possible I've made the soil too acidic?

I've always mulched the lavender with bark etc (I recently found out
that this isnt ideal for Lavender) but never had a problem.

I dont know for sure if there is a link with this problem and the
fertilizer, but it seems more than just a coincidence!

Thanks, Rob.

It could be over-fertilised. Have you had much rain lately or a burst water
pipe? Lavender hates wet feet.

David