Old 27-10-2008, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
~misfit~ ~misfit~ is offline

Default timing for briggs & stratton petrol lawn mower

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "S" typed:
Thanks Dave I think I have the timing sussed out now, I have found the
timing marks. Do you know how to get the flywheel off without the
puller? I could drill the shaft but hoping for an easier solution..

Loosed the nut until it's flush with the end of the shaft (or put it back on
like that) then get someone to lift the mower / engine *just* off the ground
by the flywheel. The belt the end of the shaft / nut with a hammer.
--
Shaun.

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:42:36 -0000, S wrote:

I am replacing the crankshaft in a Briggs and stratton 35 classic
petrol lawn mower. Can anyone help with how to set the timing.

Just note where the the drive cogs and reference marks on them are
when you take it apart. Though IIRC when I did mine it will only go
together one way.

Look on the B&S website, they have engine manuals for download but
I'm not sure if they go into that level of servicing. There may be a
generic manual that does.

--
Cheers
Dave.