Old 27-10-2008, 05:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Randy Seys Randy Seys is offline

Default Dandelions

Ok, thank you everyone for your help. The temps dropped down to the low 20s
over the weekend, so I guess I'll have to wait for next spring. (That's
eight months from now in Minnesota!!! Lol!)

~Randy

wrote in message
On Oct 24, 8:28 pm, Lawn Guy wrote:
Randy Seys wrote:
Is it too late to spray for dandelions?

Weeds need to be actively growing for the weed killer to work. The
colder it is, the less effective the herbicide will be.

For where you are, I think it's too late, by about a month, maybe two.

Save the weed killer for the spring.

I agree. Here in NJ I would say yes, but that far north it's
probably not going to be that effective or worth it. The amount of
herbicide and/or the number of applications required goes up as the
temps go down. Even Roundup takes a higher concentration and longer
to kill plants when they are barely growing due to lower temps.