Old 27-10-2008, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_259_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_259_] is offline

Default Potato Blight?

"Donna UK" wrote in message
Hi All

I am growing some potatoes for christmas and when I checked them yesterday
noticed what seems to be little blight spots appearing on the leaves.

Now in someways I am not surprised with the warmish weather we have been
getting but was wondering if I would be ok to leave the tops on and just
remove the few leaves wtih spots on?

The forecast say that the weather is going to get colder so dont want to
hack it all down if I can still keep them growing. They have only been in
for two months so still need another month or two at least to get a decent
crop.

What would you advise?

Donna

I hate to put a damper on things but if they survive the next few cold
nights they'll be very brave potatoes, blight or no blight. It can do no
harm to pick off the infected parts as there isn't really any alternative I
suppose. Good luck