Old 10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Michael Berridge

Default can I lift crocus bulbs now?

Katharine Mill wrote in message
. ..
hello everyone

Can I ask some advice, please? I'm about ready to sow lawn seed this
weekend and wanted to lift a number of crocus bulbs from elsewhere
(with leaves) and plonk them in the soil before I sow. Question: will
they suffer by being moved now (post flowering)?

ps This is all weather-permitting: here in Brussels it's been minus 3
the last coupla nights, with feeble attempt at snow this morning.
Don't know what the wysteria flowers think of that, but they're
holding on. An experimental orchard I visited out of town yesterday
(300+ varieties of v. young fruit trees) had registered minus 8!

Should be OK to move them as long as they are replanted quickly.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk