Old 28-10-2008, 12:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default I need HELP in award-givers !

Hi, El,

I'll leave it to someone else to answer the awards question.

As far as the *scrapes* on the leaves, snails can do that. It looks like
they took a knife and scraped away a layer of leaf. And, they work the night
shift. Someone I know once had a problem with squirrels; they particularly
liked the new growths on Catts.

Right now, I have a critter which eats the new flowers on one plant. It's
been blooming for months, and with every new burst a couple of flowers are
chomped. This is in the lanai, and no other plants are affected. Clearly, I
need to pull it out of the pot and see what's in there! Happens to all of
us.

Diana

wrote in message
Does anyone know where there might be a list of the "AWARD-ERS, and
what their awards represent? I did figure out that OSROC. But who
knows WHO awards calling it "FCC/CST" ? And, only AOS awards show up
on the WIZ....

I am still fretting over the way I seem to be feeding the critters of
the world. Tgey chew the orchid leaveas and chomp down the flowers-
both inside the lanai (screened), and out on the patio, under the Old
Oak Tree. The damage seems to happen at night. AND- I have never
caught a critter, yet. The leaves are damaged with "scraping" in
spots- like from a woodchuck.
Elinor