Old 28-10-2008, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S S is offline

Default timing for briggs & stratton petrol lawn mower

I supported the bottom of the engine block as much as I could on wood and
then thumped the shaft at the flywheel end and out it came (quite easily)
....problem solved.
Now I can start the re build.

Thanks for all the input guys.
appreciated

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 23:03:34 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

Loosed the nut until it's flush with the end of the shaft (or put it
back on like that) then get someone to lift the mower / engine *just*
off the ground by the flywheel. The belt the end of the shaft / nut
with a hammer.

Some one holding it wouldn't be able to hold it firm enough, it would need
to be supported. There isn't much ga[p between flywheel and engine and it
doesn't protude (at least on my engine). I'm not quite sure what effect
the impacts would have on the magnets in the flywheel for the ignition...

--
Cheers
Dave.