Old 28-10-2008, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default Xmas already?

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

Spent the last three days indoors cooking and freezing. Today I planned
a day in the garden, tough, the rain here in North Staffordshire has
turned to heavy snow! Can't hear the sleigh bells though!

I got all my tenderthings in (no, not them!) and under a tunnel of
Twinwall polycarbonate offcuts, installed a hurricane lamp therein, dug
up all the little tomato seedlings I could find (which have sprung up
where I've spread compost) and waited for the forecast frost.

This morning, went out expecting to find wiltedthings, but no - runner
beans frizzled, marrows all unspinached, small tomato seedlings I'd
missed in yesterday's dusk all correct and Bristol fashion.

So, Norfolk, cold, cold, blowy Norfolk has been a haven of tropical - er
- sub-tropical - well, unfrizzed night.

I shall not rely on tonight being similar thobut.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig