Old 28-10-2008, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Xmas already?

Spent the last three days indoors cooking and freezing. Today I planned
a day in the garden, tough, the rain here in North Staffordshire has
turned to heavy snow! Can't hear the sleigh bells though!
Old 28-10-2008, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

Spent the last three days indoors cooking and freezing. Today I planned
a day in the garden, tough, the rain here in North Staffordshire has
turned to heavy snow! Can't hear the sleigh bells though!

I got all my tenderthings in (no, not them!) and under a tunnel of
Twinwall polycarbonate offcuts, installed a hurricane lamp therein, dug
up all the little tomato seedlings I could find (which have sprung up
where I've spread compost) and waited for the forecast frost.

This morning, went out expecting to find wiltedthings, but no - runner
beans frizzled, marrows all unspinached, small tomato seedlings I'd
missed in yesterday's dusk all correct and Bristol fashion.

So, Norfolk, cold, cold, blowy Norfolk has been a haven of tropical - er
- sub-tropical - well, unfrizzed night.

I shall not rely on tonight being similar thobut.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 28-10-2008, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:29:59 +0000, Broadback
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Spent the last three days indoors cooking and freezing. Today I planned
a day in the garden, tough, the rain here in North Staffordshire has
turned to heavy snow! Can't hear the sleigh bells though!

It sure were cold yere in Sarth WEales this am.

My beloved had to de-ice her car before setting off for work

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²
Old 28-10-2008, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:29:59 +0000, Broadback
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Spent the last three days indoors cooking and freezing. Today I planned
a day in the garden, tough, the rain here in North Staffordshire has
turned to heavy snow! Can't hear the sleigh bells though!

It sure were cold yere in Sarth WEales this am.

My beloved had to de-ice her car before setting off for work

I am taking a weeks holiday and so far have spent three glorious days
pottering around in the garden. No rain (or snow) cold yes but I soon warm
up doing some heavy pruning. Just deposited a large trailer load of prunings
on the town bonfire. Such a useful thing this time of year.

Mike

Old 28-10-2008, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...
So, Norfolk, cold, cold, blowy Norfolk has been a haven of tropical - er
- sub-tropical - well, unfrizzed night.

Where in Norfolk are you? I am an ex pat, moved up here to Yorkshire four
years ago.

Mike

Old 28-10-2008, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...

So, Norfolk, cold, cold, blowy Norfolk has been a haven of tropical - er
- sub-tropical - well, unfrizzed night.

Where in Norfolk are you? I am an ex pat, moved up here to Yorkshire four
years ago.

In the South Norfolk Triangle between Long Stratton, Wymondham and Diss,
where people venture, and search-parties are sent...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 28-10-2008, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote
Spent the last three days indoors cooking and freezing. Today I planned a
day in the garden, tough, the rain here in North Staffordshire has turned
to heavy snow! Can't hear the sleigh bells though!

We had organised our last outing of the year for our Pension group, we do 8
to 10 each year, and spent the day in London. First a guided tour of
Wellington Arch and then of Apsley House, definitely both worth a visit
especially if you have also done or will do Stratfield Saye.
The forecasts made us apprehensive but it was a beautiful sunny day in
London if slightly chilly. Got blacker and blacker on the way home and
shortly after arriving back it chucked it down.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...show/nav.12848
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...show=nav.12679
http://www.stratfield-saye.co.uk/
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 28-10-2008, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...

So, Norfolk, cold, cold, blowy Norfolk has been a haven of tropical -
er
- sub-tropical - well, unfrizzed night.

Where in Norfolk are you? I am an ex pat, moved up here to Yorkshire four
years ago.

In the South Norfolk Triangle between Long Stratton, Wymondham and Diss,
where people venture, and search-parties are sent...

Ahh, tother side of Wymondham then, I was in between Wymondham and Dereham.

Mike

Old 28-10-2008, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
k...

So, Norfolk, cold, cold, blowy Norfolk has been a haven of tropical -
er
- sub-tropical - well, unfrizzed night.

Where in Norfolk are you? I am an ex pat, moved up here to Yorkshire four
years ago.

In the South Norfolk Triangle between Long Stratton, Wymondham and Diss,
where people venture, and search-parties are sent...

Ahh, tother side of Wymondham then, I was in between Wymondham and Dereham.

You mean *YOU* were the other side of Wympndham, then...

Whatever made you leave the Norfolk Alps?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 28-10-2008, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

No no no, YOU are on the other side.

Whatever made you leave the Norfolk Alps?

Folk from the other side of Wymondham started moving our way :-)

Mike

Old 29-10-2008, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Isn't it always the way?

Moved in here (terrace of 4 farmworkers' cottages) and what happens? No2
up for sale. No 3 fall out and go their separate ways. New people in No
3. Mrs No4 dies leaving Mr. No4 with two children. Lovely and
entertaining story results in Mr. No4 dovetailing with another local
demifamily, but No4 too small for all of them. Move. Mr. No3 dies (not
unexpectedly, but earlier than prognosis suggested). Mrs No3 moves out.
New people in No3. No2 still unsold and still on the market 5 years
on...

So, however hard I try, I can't expand into the whole terrace, though as
a consolation prize I collect more tqt every time someone moves...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

xmas fairy, naure and celtic themed spam Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 6 27-11-2003 03:02 PM
Xmas Trees David Berry United Kingdom 1 26-12-2002 04:14 PM
Happy Xmas david United Kingdom 1 26-12-2002 02:37 PM
xmas gifts david United Kingdom 9 17-12-2002 11:22 PM
Watering Xmas tree Paul D.Smith United Kingdom 6 17-12-2002 09:50 PM