Old 28-10-2008, 06:34 PM
GardenGerald GardenGerald is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I have peach trees and was told to remove peaches until you have only
1 every so often on the branch, this will cause the peaches to get
bigger. This might also be true for apples.

On Sep 30, 10:16*pm, Michael Shields Michael.Shields.
wrote:
We have an apple tree of the variety 'Winston Churchill' *It produces
very sweet, tasty apples but the are small (maximum 2 inches in
diameter). *The tree is about 40 years old. *Is there anything that can
be done to increase the size of the apples?

Thanks

Mike Shields

--
Michael Shields

Hello Mike

The variety Winston was introduced in1944 but existed before that date as
Winter King. The apples are small but quite pleasant eating during December to early April. It was never registered as Winston Churchill. The colour of a ripe apple should be red over yellow.

Best wishes

Gerald.