Old 28-10-2008, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Jasminum Nudiflorum in container4?

Vacutone wrote:
I have a smallish corner where I'd like to grow a climber up a
north-facing house wall to about 3m or less. Due to space limitations
the container size is very limited- I can squeeze in a 13" square x
13" deep (internal dimensions) container. Originally I was going to
plant the Ivy Goldheart (Hedera helix 'Oro di Bogliasco'), which
apparently keeps its variegation in shade and is fairly resistant to
drought, making this size of container feasible. But I thought
Jasmine might be a bit more fun as this is next to a seat and it
would give a reason for wrapping up warm and sitting outside in the
dead of winter to enjoy the scent. Well for five minutes or so at a
time anyway....

Where did you get the idea that Jasminum nudiflorum has a scent?

--
Jeff