Old 28-10-2008, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Jasminum Nudiflorum in container4?

"Vacutone" wrote in message
s.com...
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:21:33 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote
(in message ):

Where did you get the idea that Jasminum nudiflorum has a scent?

Funny you should ask that question at this precise time- I just thought
I'd
make sure of that and found that it doesn't have a scent! My memory is not
good with such things but I reckon I might just have got mixed up and
thought
it was one of the other species.

Thanks for pointing this out though- I might not have discovered that for
myself and would have been most discombobulated eventually,

Back to the ivy option.

Ivy -- uggh !

You could consider the winter flowering Jasmine.
Cannot speak for the scent but it has nice to look pretty yellow flowers.
Sorry but I cannot give the Latin name.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com