Old 29-10-2008, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Irritating Gaillardias?

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Spider" wrote in message
A close friend of mine has acquired a rash to her face and arms after
gardening. She was clearing a border of Gaillardias (Blanket Flower),

and
wonders if these are a known irritant.

I confess I've never come across this, and it's not in the HTA leaflet
listing harmful plants, so has anyone in the ng encountered this

before?
You would know if you had - apparently it's *very* itchy.

I'd be grateful for any clues ...

Spider

http://tinyurl.com/59z3tt Scroll to Allergic Contact Dermititis.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Thank you both very much for your rapid and informative replies. I have
spoken to the sufferer and she is most relieved to know the source of her
allergy. She asks me to pass on her thanks to you.

Spider