Old 30-10-2008, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Jasminum Nudiflorum in container4?

In article m,
Vacutone wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:24:40 +0000, Charlie Pridham wrote
(in message ) :

And what is worse does not flower that well unless it gets sun! yet so
many books say " good for north walls" It is in my view worse than Ivy
which can look quite good on a north wall but needs to be kept firmly
under control.

It is crazy- I know I turn to books looking for factual information. Just as
well that we have this as well nowadays....

One of my hobby-horses is the moan that books tell you only what
the author feels is best, and not what is possible and what isn't.
Pruning is a particularly bad aspect, where it is almost impossible
to find out whether you CAN prune a plant hard, if you have only
limited room.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.