Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default I just went out to my garden to dig the onions

and they are all sprouted again. The freezing weather invigorated them.
What do I do now, just dig them and use them like "spring onions"?
(I'll have to dig them all before the ground freezes, but that's
probably weeks away)

Next year I'm gonna try onion *seeds* again. (These were sets.) And
I'll plant the seeds this fall just as the ground freezes so /they/ can
decide next spring when to come up instead of me deciding when to plant
and invariably being too late.

Bob

P.S. Do I dig my horseradish now, or leave it until early spring? I've
never grown it before.