Old 02-11-2008, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Receiving this newsgroup

While I seem to be able to post to this newsgroup I haven't been able to
receive any articles for a couple of months now and this seems entirely
due to the Demon news server. Demon say they are aware of the problem
but don't appear to have done anything about it. I think maybe they are
trying to get rid of individual customers like me in favour of corporate
accounts (just look at their online newsletter - it's aimed exclusively
at businesses). I've been with them thirteen years and uk.rec.gardening
was the first newsgroup I ever posted to so I'm rather missing it!
Interestingly I can receive newsgroups that Demon themselves sponsor but
nothing else.

Please forgive this rant but I am feeling fed up with Demon to whom I
have been loyal for a very long time. And if you answer this thread I
won't be able to see it! :-( But I just wondered how many others who
have Demon as ISP are no longer able to receive this newsgroup.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk