Old 02-11-2008, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default Lavoire in Garden

The message
from Anne Welsh Jackson contains these words:
Martin wrote:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote:

I've seen loads of old public wash houses in France usually with a
faintly Romanesque feel - columns, tiled roof, etc , but never
one with
an arch into a hillside on private land.

'Public Washhouse' or 'Doing your washing in public'

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-RG8ML6K...%20-Other.html

How the other half lives, eh, Mike?

Won't he let you in his wash-house, then?

Not since he scrubbed his balls in the sink, golf that is.

"Golf"? My husband plays with oval-shaped balls, I'll have you know!

So do a lot of people...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig