Old 10-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Phisherman

Default How do I get rid of that pesty onion grass?

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 04:37:17 GMT, "LA"
wrote:

I have these annoying clumps of onion grass that pop up randomly all over my
yard. Oftentimes when I try to pull them out they break at the soil level
and the onion bulbs stay intact underground and regrow. They seem to be very
hardy. Any suggestions on how to best get rid of them?

I made a pair of 2' wooden tongs and fastened sponges on the end. I
dip the tongs in (extra strength) Roundup and go around the yard
wiping the onion grass. It only takes about 15 minutes, then the
onions are gone in a week. Otherwise just let them be and the summer
heat will kill them back (for another year).