Old 03-11-2008, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default How raised is raised

We are ready to till up our garden, and want to raise it in beds or
platforms so us old people don't have to bend over so much. Is it practical
to raise them to desk level, or is just a foot or two sufficient? I would
think that whatever you made the raised bed from would rot from water and
gook within a few years. And then, if you use cinderblock or cement, you're
talking high cost and a lot of skilled labor.

Help appreciated.

Steve

--
-Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.-