Old 04-11-2008, 01:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Say goodbye to Tecumseh engines

EXT wrote:
As bad as you say they are, I have a snow blower (I think they cornered
the snow blower market with their Snow King engines) with a Tecumseh
engine and a 30+ year old Troy-Bilt tiller with a cast iron Tecumseh
engine --- giving me concern on availability of parts, possibly I should
stock up on carburetor rebuild kits for both as they tend to clog up
during idle times, and points sets for the older engine as it tends to
burn them up every few years after hard work.

I never said they were bad. You have me confused with ExPat. Tecumseh
made some very good horizontal engines. IMO, They got a bad rep for
building vertical shaft engines to Sears specs to meet a particular
price point rather than any certain standard of quality.

--
Art