Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Derby[_2_] Mike Derby[_2_] is offline

Default Compost question

"David in Normandy" asked:
Can glossy paper junk mail be composted? Are there any harmful chemicals
in such paper? I already compost newspaper type paper and cardboard, but
most of my junk mail is on glossy paper.
--

I was advised not to add glossy printed paper or card to my compost,
especially if the compost is going to end up on a vegetable garden.

MD