Old 04-11-2008, 05:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
z z is offline

Default Say goodbye to Tecumseh engines

On Nov 3, 12:57*pm, "EXT" wrote:
As bad as you say they are, I have a snow blower (I think they cornered the
snow blower market with their Snow King engines) with a Tecumseh engine and
a 30+ year old Troy-Bilt tiller with a cast iron Tecumseh engine --- giving
me concern on availability of parts, possibly I should stock up on
carburetor rebuild kits for both as they tend to clog up during idle times,
and points sets for the older engine as it tends to burn them up every few
years after hard work.

"Art" wrote in message

FYI -

quote
The investment firm that owns Tecumseh Power has determined that it will
close their small engine business. Tecumseh’s manufacturing facility will
close on December 15, 2008.
snip
Tecumseh will continue to support service parts, technical service and
warranty from their Grafton, Wisconsin facility until the end of the year.
After that time, we anticipate that these services will be provided by a
third party that has not yet been named.
/quote

(Sorry I can't name the source.)

--
Art- Hide quoted text -

yeah, i have a second hand toro snow dog circa about 1968 as far as i
can tell with a tecumseh flathead, still runs. carb really needs a
rebuild, but internet parts folks kind of scratch their head when i
ask them. i've got the service manual and all so i can spec them the
carb.