Old 04-11-2008, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
SYMPLASTLESS222 SYMPLASTLESS222 is offline

Default Chestnut Oak seed

"D. Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...

Chestnuts can, and do, sprout from the stumps and root collars of infected
trees, and survive to produce fruit. I would be curious to see the husk
of the nut, as well as a shot of the tree.

Don, what do you know about the root collar? I think it is the transition
zone between woody stem and woody root. Located just below the trunk flair,
if the tree has one. I would be interested in hearing what you have
learned, beyond that. Thanks in advance.

John The Treeman